Awesome People Reading Me - Are You Next?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

London Baby!

GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT!!!!! 


I'm going to London, baby!!!!!


You might be able to guess that I'm a little excited.


We (my boyfriend and I) got some uber cheap deal from Air Asia this morning - $775 Perth to London return. Yes. Believe it. 
Air Asia is currently having a sale because they've had 100 million visitors or some crap like that. Whatever the reason, the prices are insane!! $3 from KL to Penang, Perth to Bali $125, Perth to KL $99. 
You'd be mad to miss it! 


I sound a little like one of those crazy carpet ads on the radio. Or used cars. I promise Air Asia has not paid me to endorse this sale. Although that would be cool. 


So, uni is struggletown today, as all I can think about is London, baby! We are going for 3 weeks in June 2011, and we will pop over to Germany (I love saying that, like its no big deal) for a couple of nights and spend out 3 year anniversary in Paris! And its so cool, because yesterday I didn't even know about the Air Asia sale, and then I saw my parents and they told me. So I went online and checked out prices for Bali (I'm a Bali freak - I just love the place!) and then I remembered that Air Asia flies to London and I though 'hey that would be cool'. I cleared it with the boyfriend (he's chef on the mines, so he got really excited coz he just wants to eat his way through three countries) and waited for the sale to start. I was up till midnight and I couldn't get through (I'm imagining suspenseful music playing at this point). I started to stress. I called the boyfriend and he tried to get through. He finally convinced me to go to bed and he would try in the morning. WELL, the darling boy woke up early and got through and booked the flights. And now I'm going to London, baby!! 


I have not been well traveled in my life, so please forgive me for my puppy-sees-food/ball/person/tree/ground/sky type excitedness. I've been to Bali 4 times and New Zealand 10 times. Yes I realise thats a lot of times overseas for someone who is only just 20 but I want to emphasise 2 things. Firstly, NEW ZEALAND AND AUSTRALIA ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AND THERE ARE MORE AUSSIES IN BALI THAN IN PERTH. Secondly, there is zero variety. I actually count New Zealand as my second home. I wear a jade fishhook around my neck at all times. Therefore, I do not count it as travelling. I have been going there since I was 18 months old. Not that exciting. 


Another point about the boyfriend (I think he reads this so I better be nice): he is amazing. When he's home, he gets up earlier than me and makes me a coffee in the morning. Every girl should have a clone of him. 


Ok, I've thought about it again. New Zealand is interesting. Its green. There are quite a few sheep. They have a nice accent. Their money is different. They have mountains and snow. They have cool adventure things. 


On the other hand....


It rains ALL THE TIME. I was there last December (therefore, summer) for 10 days. It rained for 8 of those. 
They bombard you with questions - does it really never rain in Australia? Yes we do have rain, but nowhere near as much as you. Does it get as hot as New Zealand in the summer? Are you kidding? Your summer 'droughts' and 'heatwaves' are like our average winter. 
The roads are so wind-y that you will get sick. My sister regularly vomits on road trips in New Zealand.


Anyway. I should stop bagging New Zealand. I don't mind the place. I have some nice cousins over there.


And no. They do not have sexual relations with sheep!!!! Australia has more sheep than New Zealand. Although the ones in NZ are whiter and cleaner - coz it always rains. They have amazing ice cream and milk too - coz the cows get to eat green grass all the time.


Ok, I'm going now. 


London, baby!!!!! 

No comments: