Awesome People Reading Me - Are You Next?

Friday, May 6, 2011

Top 10 Guilty Pleasures - Lea from Becoming Super Mommy!

I would like to introduce Lea, from Becoming Super Mommy!

I've only just started following her blog, but it is fantastic! I urge you all to check our the latest post, Supermommy vs Tech Support, where she has to argue the existence of October 1, 2009. 

My Top Ten Guilty Pleasures
1. Candy bars.  I hide them everywhere.  I have a stash in the cupboard where I keep the spare extension cords, in my underwear drawer, and in my least-used pocket in my backpack.  I also have a few kitchen hiding spots, a pocket in my purse, and a conveniently placed pile of papers near my desk in which there is frequently a hidden piece of chocolate.  I'm not constantly eating it, but once in a while I get the bug, I but TONS of candy bars, and then I hide them.  And then, whenever I'm having a bad day or a rough time with homework or my kids won't let me eat dinner... I eat a candy bar instead.

2. The song, "Somebody to Love" by Queen.  I will sing this song so loudly that it shakes the windows.  One of my daughters is terrified- I wouldn't be surprised if she grows up to have a Freddy Mercury complex.  But singing along to that song just kind of makes me feel awesome.

3. John Fluevog shoes.  Best. shoes. ever.  SO expensive, though!  I buy a pair for myself every year for my birthday, and it's always an agonizing choice.  But now I have five pairs, and I adore all of them.  Guilt when it happens, sure.  But no regrets.

4. Sleeping in past my husband on weekends.  On weekdays, he's up and out of the house before our kids wake up.  It sucks, but it's true, and then the girls wake up and then I wake up and take care of them before I go to school.  But on weekends, I like to lay in bed and let HIM take care of the dirty diapers and the early morning silliness.  And I lay in bed as though I'm getting some sort of nice break, even though I'm the one who sleeps in all week anyway.  And it's awesome.

5. Blasting the music in my car.  I don't care where I'm going or how slow, if the music's too loud you're too old.

6. "America's Next Top Model."  Seriously, that show is addictive.  It's a problem.  You'd never guess looking at my crazy hippie clothes or my unwashed hair that I was obsessed with barely-legal toothpick girls covered in make-up and engaging in dumb petty drama, but there you have it.

7. Cheese.  Fancy cheese.  GOOD fancy cheese.  Stilton, roquefort... the stinkier, the better.   Especially if it's not from cow milk.  They know me on sight at the Whole Food's cheese counter.  I could set myself a weekly cheese budget and it would be significantly more than what I spend on clothes, books, and booze.  Combined.

8. Facebook Scrabble.  Have I ignored my children throwing their food all over the place while I tried to find the perfect place to play my seven letter word more than twice?  Oh yes.  Yes, I have indeed.  Bingo!

9. Zombie comics and movies.  Yes, I am a hippie, crunchy, progressive lady.  And yes, I love reading comics where people have their limbs eaten in front of their families.  "The Walking Dead" is pretty much the best comic ever.  And "Sean of the Dead" is near the top of my list of favorite movies.

10. Coming home from school and telling my husband how stupid all the other students are.  Which, of course, they are.  But it's not nice, and I wouldn't ever do it to their faces.  I'm small and they could kick my ass.

Lea's blog can be found at http://becomingsupermommy.blogspot.com 

If you would like to guest post for me, either with your Top 10 Guilty pleasures or with another Top 10, or another topic entirely, please email me, including a photo, and would be happy to post!    

No comments: