Awesome People Reading Me - Are You Next?

Saturday, June 4, 2011

ABC of ASHLEIGH



Hi guys

Sorry, I'm neglecting you awfully at the moment. More separation is to follow as well. If you cast your eyes to the right of the screen you will see a lovely pink countdown box. What? Its into the single digits now? No way! Yes, dear followers. That is the number of days until I go on the ultimate Europe adventure. So I won't be posting much - but I promise copious pictures and stories when I return :) 

So, as a consolation prize, and because I don't have a lot of time, I ahem 'borrowed' this idea from Steph at The Odd Duck, who borrowed it from Deer Donna, who borrowed it from Elycia, who probably got it from somewhere else. Yes, if you also follow The Odd Duck, I did just blatantly rip off that paragraph from Steph. What can I say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

So here it is. The ABC's of Ashleigh. 



A. Age: 20 and soon-to-be 21! 

B. Bed Size: Currently a king single, which is awkward when The Boyfriend sleeps over - snuggly, but awkward and down-right awful in summer. BUT - given that I'm moving in a week, I will be getting my lovely double bed back! I bought it with my very first paycheck and I LOVE it! 

C. Chore that you hate: Oh god, where do I begin. Dishes, washing, cleaning in general. When I'm rich and famous, I plan on hiring a cleaner 1 day a week (preferably Friday so I come home to a clean house) and having a dishwasher :) 

D. Dogs: Can't stand them. I don't think I have a more hated animal **shudder**


E. Essential start to your day: Coffee. I cannot live with my coffee.


F. Favorite color: Pink! Actually I'll go with almost any bright colour. I love expressing myself with colours, as shown in the pic above

G. Gold or Silver: silver

H. Height: 5'4" or 163cm - I'm only little :) 

I. Instruments you play: I played keyboards in the school band in primary school. But I haven't picked up an instrument for years, and don't really have the inclination to. I'm a hideously uncreative person. 

J. Job Title: Administration Assistant: Human Resources and Special Projects. Although I prefer to think of myself as Awesome Go To Person who Rules the Office. 

K. Kids: Not a fan. Don't have any myself, and I struggle with them anyway. Maybe this is the stage of life I'm at, but I can't imagine having kids. My current favourite blog is STFU, Parents

L. Live: Life To The Fullest and In Bright Colours? I reside in Perth, Australia. I can't imagine wanting to setting anywhere else either. Why would I leave The Lucky Country? 

M. Mother's Name: Amanda

N. Nicknames: Ash, Ashy, Smashleigh, Lobster - the last one is what The Boyfriend calls me, and the second last is my drunken alter-ego :) 

O. Overnight hospital stays: I've been in the emergency room twice overnight, both times for this weird chest pain I used to get. They never figured out what was wrong with me, and they let me go, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to die. I'm tougher than that. 

P. Pet Peeve: Oh so many. Probably people not being considerate and polite. Like, if you want to cancel a plan, just tell me. Or if you fuck up, a simple apology is all thats needed. I'm a reasonable person, and I generally don't hold grudges, unless someone doesn't behave appropriately and apologise. 

Q. Quote from a movie: "If you're a bird, I'm a bird'" The Notebook

R. Right or left handed: Right

S. Siblings: 1 younger sister. 

T. Time you wake up: Usually around 9/9.30. Unless I have to work. But I find it hard to get up in the morning :)

U. Underwear: Comfortable. Usually Bonds. Black, white or grey. Sometimes I splash out though - I just bought a pair of Superman underwear oh yeah :D

V. Vegetable you hate: I like pretty much all vegetables. I HATE mushrooms. **gag**

W. What makes you run late: Other people! I'm never late, unless someone else has done something or delayed me. I value being on time. It's almost sacrosanct 

X. X-rays you've had: Quite a few actually. There was my chest when I was in hospital, and my teeth at the dentist, and my foot when I nearly broke it on the bus coming back from rowing at school, and my hand when I jarred my finger so badly at basketball it swelled for like a week. 

Y. Yummy food that you make: Everything I make is good. Cooking is actually one of my hidden talents. I have to say, my risotto kicks arse though - pumpkin, spinach, chicken and feta - om nom nom nom nom. 

Z. Zoo Animal: Um, elephants, otters, monkeys, giraffes, zebras, lizards, penguins. I LOVE the zoo! I want to be married at the zoo. I went to the zoo yesterday actually. One of my favourite places ever :) 

So there you have it. The ABC of Ashleigh. Hey that rhymes. 

Okies, I will be back later this week - I will post before I go on holiday I promise :) 

Until then, 
stay happy :) 


No comments: