Awesome People Reading Me - Are You Next?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Why Do I Blog?


To be honest?

I'm not really sure. 

It started one night when I was at a party and met this guy, whose blog I had been reading for a while. He was one of the Murdoch Student Experience bloggers and I always thought he was so funny, if a little long winded on occasion. No Lachlan, its not you. Although you are funny and sometimes longwinded. It was Jonathon, writer of Inside a Students Mind. We had a really fun night together, talking and since I may have consumed a bit too much of that dancing juice aka whatever foul concoction I had brewed up that night or bought because it was the cheapest in the liquor store, I got locked onto this idea of him writing about that night. I had such a wonderful time, and I felt we really clicked. No not in that way, The Boyfriend is still alive and kicking, it was just one of those times when you first meet someone then you feel like you've known them forever. 

Anyway, long story short, I wanted to be mentioned in a blog post. Something I hadn't done before.

He refused.

I know. I was shocked too. Generally I am good at convincing people to do things through sheer determination and wearing them down. However, he was stronger than I first anticipated. All night there was this recurring thing 'Jono, put me in your blog post' 'No Ashleigh, I told you, I don't write about people' 'Well, write a post about parties and mention me' '**chuckle and shake head (thinking who is this girl?) Answers still no. Sorry'. 

So basically I got home and passed out, as copious amounts of dancing juice will do that to you. If there are children reading this, dancing juice refers the mixing of apple and orange juice, of course. 

The next day, I was indignant. How dare he refuse to mention the great Ashleigh in his blog. Anyway I gave him the benefit of the doubt, sent him a quick email to remind him that he really should put me in his blog (yes I know your thinking 'Stalker!' and in my defense I don't think I had quite slept off the remaining effects of the dancing juice. 

I eagerly awaited his next post.

It came.

I read it, excited with anticipation of seeing my name on screen. 

It wasn't there.

How dare he? I was so annoyed, I said to myself 'Fine. Jono won't put me in his blog. I'll make my own blog and it will be all about me! Hmph!' 

Anyway, I don't think he cared that much, as I don't think he's ever read this blog. But I feel good.

But I got mentioned in a blog post by Lachlan, writer of Disorderly Accounts of Uni Life, which made my day :). And I have been in a few since. This makes me so happy everytime I see my name on the screen, and I haven't put it there. Someone, who I have never even met, has thought of me, and put me in their blog! Also must give mention to Stephanie over at The Odd Duck, who has mentioned me before as well - happy 21st birthday!!! 

So that is why I started to blog. I continue to blog because its therapeutic, makes me feel important, and its a great procrastination tool. I love the thought of people all over the world (as indicated by my stats) reading me. I love to read others blogs to take a peek into others peoples lives, and its reassuring to think that while none of us have met, and we are all over the world, I can relate to each and every one of you. We have similar stresses and similar things that make us happy - family, friends, coffee etc. 

Especially coffee.

men are like coffee

No comments: